Benefits Of A Mattress Topper
When it comes to customizing your bed to be perfectly suited to you and your needs, sometimes a mattress accessory can be a perfect choice. Read our blog if you are looking for best quality mattress & accessories.
The right mattress accessory is a key factor in getting enough, good quality sleep, while preventing issues such as neck and back pain. But buying a whole new mattress can be an expensive deal. While buying a mattress accessory can be a great way to change the firmness, comfort, feel and support of the mattress without interfering with your existing mattress itself. Mattress accessories can help improve and fine tune the feel of a newly purchased mattress, either for yourself or for family or partner. But they can also be used to rescue a mattress you’ve fallen out of love with, whether your comfort tastes have changed or the your old mattress is past its best times.
What Is A Mattress Topper?
As the name suggests, a mattress topper is placed on top of a mattress. The main use of a mattress topper is to either add to the comfort that your mattress already provide or to address its limitations. It can add to the softness of your mattress, make you cozy and regulate your body temperature while you sleep.
Mattress toppers are an inexpensive way of extending the life of your mattress, if you do not have the budget for a new mattress. A good quality and the right kind of mattress topper can easily add 1-2 years to your mattress life.
A good mattress topper is more like a mini mattress in itself. It’s made up of a really thin layer of cushion which can be stacked up on top of a mattress to change the ways a mattress supports and feels on the back and neck. Mostly, Mattress toppers are typically made of foam, in order to offer a supportive and firm feel, or to give your existing mattress much more comfort from the top.
Types Of Mattress Topper
Foam mattress toppers can be made of memory foam or latex foam. Latex Foam mattress toppers offer offers slow bounce and great firmness, but can be a little pricier, while memory foam offers great support and durability, but can be quite stuffy and have a strong scent upon unboxing. Mattress toppers can also be made from feather, wool and other types of fibres.
Benefits Of A Mattress Topper
- Many Mattress toppers offer customizable comfort without having to switch to a new mattress.
- They offer great additional support, which is particularly beneficial to those with back and neck pain issues.
- Mattress toppers also plays the role of extending life of a mattress by protecting it from sagging and staining.
Drawbacks Of A Mattress Topper
- Foam inside the topper can make the bed more warm by insulating body heat.
- Mattress toppers can be heavy and difficult to maneuver.
- Mattress toppers are large, flat foam cushion, which aren’t usually directly attached your mattress. This means they can move around and detach really easily.
- It can be difficult sometimes to clean a mattress topper.
- Mattress toppers can also be expensive sometimes, prices upto hundreds of dollars. However, they are still usually a cheaper alternative to investing in a brand new mattress.
Which Is Right For You?
Mattress toppers and mattress pads are quite different in their own ways, and serve two entirely different primary functions.
Mattress toppers are much better for those who are looking for a significant change in the support and feel of their mattress, but don’t wish to invest in a brand new mattress. Mattress toppers are to add customizable support, whether for superior comfort and choice or for medical needs such as acid reflux and back pain. Toppers can also be useful to extend the life of your existing mattress or enhance the comfort of a mattress that’s past its best. However, they can be sometimes expensive, heavy, and difficult to slide around in bed.
Find perfect sleep solution
Which mattress is best for me?Art of Bed Selection
Find a Store
Enter your address and we’ll find your closest retailer.START NOW