[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”Section” fullwidth=”on” specialty=”off”][et_pb_fullwidth_slider admin_label=”Fullwidth Slider” show_arrows=”on” show_pagination=”on” auto=”off” auto_ignore_hover=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” remove_inner_shadow=”off” background_position=”default” background_size=”default” hide_content_on_mobile=”off” hide_cta_on_mobile=”off” show_image_video_mobile=”off” custom_button=”off” button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″]
[et_pb_slide heading=”Looks like it’s the beginning of a beautiful new friendship” background_position=”default” background_size=”default” background_color=”#ffffff” use_bg_overlay=”off” use_text_overlay=”on” alignment=”center” background_layout=”dark” allow_player_pause=”off” text_border_radius=”3″ header_font_select=”default” header_font=”||||” body_font_select=”default” body_font=”||||” custom_button=”off” button_font_select=”default” button_font=”||||” button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” background_image=”//slumberzone.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/slumberzone.jpg” image_alt=”Slumberzone Luxury Mattress”][/et_pb_slide]
[/et_pb_fullwidth_slider][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” header_text_color=”#a80071″ use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” header_font_size=”36px” text_font_size=”19″ header_font=”|on|||”]
So, you’ve just taken your new Slumberzone bed home? Congratulations! A new bed is like a bit like making a new best mate. It’s the supportive type, it’ll bounce back pretty quickly, and it’ll always have your back.
And like any good friendship, a bit of care and attention goes a long way. We’ve provided a list of handy hints below showing you how you can give it a little TLC every once in a while, so you and your mattress can go the distance.
Handy Hints For Long Lasting, Best Mattress
- When transporting try to keep the mattress flat or its side, and do not store rolled or bent as this can impact the shape.
- Unwrap the plastic cover. You might be tempted to keep that new store freshness a little longer, but have a care – just like you, your mattress needs to breathe.
- Partial to Saturday tea and toast in bed? Then it’s a good idea to invest in a mattress protector or an underlay. It’ll catch those stray crumbs and spills and you’d agree it’s a bit easier to throw in the washing machine.
- Should you find a spill has occurred, attend to it as soon as possible with a damp cloth. Do not saturate the mattress with water or cleaning fluid, and avoid using harsh detergents or scrubbing as this will damage the fabric.
- Airing is caring. Leave your mattress free of covers and mattress protectors for a few hours on a regular basis. Fresh air is also beneficial, but avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- For the first three months since purchasing, rotate your mattress every fortnight, and then regularly every 2-3 months. To rotate your mattress, pull the mattress clockwise until it reaches the corner diagonally opposite from its original position.
- Surprised by a ‘you-shaped’ groove in your mattress? Don’t worry this is normal and part of the settling in process as the top layers begin to conform to your body’s contours. Rotating your mattress regularly as mentioned above will also help to balance any impressions in the mattress.
- Fabric surfaces tend to be susceptible to a build-up of dust particles. This is true also of your mattress. We recommend routinely vacuum cleaning your mattress and base on a low setting. It is also particularly useful for those with dust sensitivities or allergies.
- Finally, a new mattress will naturally invoke the illicit temptation of jumping on the bed, but do fight it, as it can undermine the support structure of the bed. (Sorry about that.) We also recommend avoiding placing long-term pressure on the mattress edge as this can also effect the overall support.
That’s all there is, nothing to it really. Just take a little time now and then to care for your mattress, and you and your bed should stay close for years to come.
Find perfect sleep solution
Which mattress is best for me?Art of Bed Selection
Find a Store
Enter your address and we’ll find your closest retailer.START NOW